Saga Volume 2 is just as bad-ass as its predecessor. 5 great big gold stars!
Here’s all you need to know about Saga Volume 2:
- Alana and Marko are intergalactic couple goals, they fight each other’s corner even in the face of the universes greatest adversities, the in-laws, in this second volume.
- The narrative point of view , courtesy their retrospective toddler, is sarcastic yet insightful and this narrative perspective really comes into its own in this volume.
- This is one of the rare graphic novel series where the sub-plot is just as good as the main story arc. Robot IV will render you angry, confused and angry again.
- You find out all about how Marko wooed Alana. This is a meet-cute with blood, prisons and political erotica and it will make you vow to be as much of a sass queen as Alana.
- You realise how much of a softie the bad guy is. If you haven’t read the first volume (where have you been?) , Vaughan’s baddie is a trained formidable assassin called ‘The Will’. He’s an antihero and his sidekick is a cat who knows you’re lying called, you guessed it, Lying Cat. If that summary doesn’t make you want to get the first copy, nothing will.
- If you didn’t already know – exs are crazy.
- The final cliffhanger will hurt you a per usual, and you will resign yourself to hopping back on Amazon to see if they have a delivery option faster than Prime.
- Fiona Staples’ illustrations are as magic, grotesque, and as down-right awesome as ever. She will make you want to move to the stars.
I really hope you liked this mini review, have you read Saga or any other graphic novels lately? I would love some new recommendations.